Operations Assistant Manager
WORKING FOR GARDEN CLUB LONDON
Garden Club London is an RHS Chelsea Gold award-winning landscape design company based in Vauxhall, with our design and build teams bringing experience from the UK, Europe and abroad. We aim to deliver the highest quality of design and build urban landscape services to architects, interior designers and homeowners on a range of exceptional projects.
At the heart of our company are our people who are driven to deliver exceptional levels of quality landscaping and give our clients an enjoyable and exciting experience of garden design and build. Our company promotes ingenuity and collaboration and ultimately strives to create a great working environment for all its employees.
Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit the role of Assistant Manager for our operations team. This is a demanding and enjoyable role where the work is varied and opportunities for professional development are endless for an agile and organised person who can grow their career with our business.
• Assisting with project management
• Writing Risk Assessments & Method Statements
• Assistance with ordering of materials and plants
• Attending site visits and documenting outcomes and actions
• Organisation and inventory of company power tools
• Organisation of training and uploading certificates
• Fleet management including organisation of repair and servicing etc.
• Management of Toolbox Talks and uploading to system
• Storage unit organisation and materials logistics
• Organising PAT testing and power tool servicing
• Updating approved provider list
• Collating sub-contractor insurance documents
• Arranging uniform and PPE supplies
• Provide cover for Managing Director, Operations Manager & Contracts Manager
• Assist on site when required
• Communicating with staff, clients and contractors effectively
If you think you’d enjoy working in an innovative and expanding company that rewards and continually develops employees, get in touch!
- Highly motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Good level of spoken English
- On site experience preferred but not essential
- A landscape or garden design qualification
- Operational experience
- Must be able to work under pressure
- It skills including word, excel and ideally a cad programme
- You should have the ability to communicate effectively with our clients, the operations team and designers.
- You should also be able to supervise, train and motivate the landscape team.
- Drive the position with honesty, reliability and embrace company values.
- Excellent salary depending on experience
- Healthcare and subsidised gym membership
- laptop, phone and travelcard/kit
- Ongoing training and development
- Up to 33 days paid holiday (28 rising by 1 day each year up to 33 days per year)
- Profit sharing Scheme
- Be part of an ambitious, fun and award winning team!