Landscape Architect (Assistant/Graduate)
Working for Garden Club London
Garden Club London is an RHS Chelsea Gold award-winning landscape design and build company based in Vauxhall. With an ever-increasing reputation for first class service and innovative landscape design in both residential and commercial sectors, we are looking for a Graduate LA / Assistant LA who is passionate about working in the industry and delivering high quality landscapes. You will be assisting our project LA and Landscape Designer by being involved in all stages of projects from conceptual and feasibility studies, through to planning applications, detailed design, specification, implementation and contract administration.
This is an excellent opportunity for a pro-active and creative landscape architect or experienced landscape designer to join a growing practice working on a range of projects in the UK and Europe.
Required Skills & Experience:
• BA and/or MA/PGDip in Landscape Architecture (Landscape Institute accredited)
• All applicants must be skilled on Adobe suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Vectorworks
• Strong presentation skills
• Excellent 3D skills
• Applicants must have a reasonable working knowledge of landscape construction.
• Able to work well independently and be able to follow direction
• Confident working in a small office environment with a strong team focus of hard work and conscientiousness
• Excellent written and spoken English
Duties will include:
• Drawing and specifying landscape plans for construction and tender, planning applications and providing 3D visuals
• Must be able to prepare a wide range of plans from Planting Plans, Construction Details, Lighting and Irrigation plans
• Deal direct with clients to facilitate plan changes and updates as well as managing deadlines
• Completing necessary contract administration tasks
• Salary range £25k-27.5k (plus profit sharing scheme)
• 28 days holiday (rising by 1 day per year to 31 days)
• Pension scheme, Healthcare and subsidised Gym membership (after completion of probation period)
• Regular CPD sessions, ongoing training, attendance of industry events
• Support for LI Pathway to Chartership, including registration, paid study leave and examinations fees.