HR & Administration Manager
WORKING FOR GARDEN CLUB LONDON
Garden Club London is an RHS Chelsea Gold award-winning landscape design company based in Vauxhall, with our design and build teams bringing experience from the UK, Europe and abroad.
At the heart of our company are our people who are driven to deliver exceptional levels of customer service and give our clients an enjoyable and exciting experience of garden design and build. Our company promotes ingenuity and collaboration and ultimately strives to create a great working environment for all its employees.
We are looking for an experienced and proactive HR and Admin Manager to assist our directors and office team with a range of administrative tasks and to run and monitor the HR function including record keeping and updating the online HR system. This will involve a combination of office and home working with occasional travel to minute external meetings. You must be able to multi-task and prioritise tasks most urgent to the needs of the business and directors. You must positive and approachable as the first point of contact for many staff and clients. Confidentiality is critical and you must be able to demonstrate that you can handle sensitive and important information with discretion.
If you think you’d enjoy working in an innovative and expanding company that rewards and continually develops employees, get in touch!
• Use a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases;
• Manage filing systems;
• Develop and implement new administrative systems, such as record management;
• Record expenditure of individual projects and manage the purchase order number system;
• Organise the office layout and maintain supplies of stationery and equipment including printers;
• Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs;
• Organising and chairing meetings with various teams and clients – including typing the agenda and taking minutes. Distributing updated minutes to attendees.
• Overseeing the recruitment of new staff, placing job advertisements, Vetting and shortlisting candidates for department manager’s consideration.
• Monitor and update staff training matrix and induction records;
• Ensuring staff have a copy of their schedule of work each Friday after approval from the Landscape Operations Manager
• Scheduling and carrying out staff appraisals, managing performance and disciplining staff;
• Enter and update all relevant employee information, holiday and sick days on the Online HR System
• Writing reports for senior management and preparing presentations;
• Responding to and vetting customer enquiries, recording key information.
• Arranging PAT testing for electrical office equipment and safety devices;
• Attending conferences and training;
• Assist the accounts department with expenses and invoice reconciliation.
• Monitor aged debts and arrange follow up action including solicitors letters and debt collection
• Pay invoices and bills whilst monitoring cash flow
• Order tools, equipment and materials as required from time to time using the purchase order system to support the operations and project managers
• Manage the health and safety folders digitally and hard copy: Produce all RAMS, insurance and accreditation documents as requested by clients and managers.
• Ensure that all estimates and proposals are checked for grammatical and numerical errors, corrected and sent to clients in the required format with relevant terms and conditions for the particular service/project.
• Update members of the company health care policy
- Salary £27k-£31k
- Healthcare and subsidised gym membership
- Creative working environment with a great team
- Ongoing training and development
- Up to 33 days paid holiday (28 rising by 1 day each year up to 33 days per year)
- Profit sharing Scheme
- Be part of an ambitious, fun and award winning team!