Garden Design Intern
WORKING FOR GARDEN CLUB LONDON
Garden Club London are an award winning team designing beautiful gardens predominantly in London with some UK and International projects. This is a fantastic opportunity for a pro-active and driven junior designers with a keen eye for detail and a willingness to learn.
At the heart of our company are our people who are driven to deliver exceptional levels of quality gardening and give our clients an enjoyable and exciting experience of garden design and maintenance. Our company promotes ingenuity and collaboration and ultimately strives to create a great working environment for all its employees.
Garden Club London is an RHS Chelsea award-winning landscape design company based in Vauxhall, with our design and build teams bringing experience from the UK, Europe and abroad.
We offer the opportunity to a garden design student or newly qualified designer to join us for 3 months in the studio to learn every aspect of garden design, both in the residential and commercial fields. Full studio training and guidance will be given, with the opportunity to develop skills and gain site experience.
We will aim to give you a portfolio of project experience, including one start to finish project, and the opportunity to assist with project management and monitoring.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Preparation of plans using Vectorworks
Assist designers to prepare presentations and mood boards
Printing and file production
Sample ordering and collating
Image editing and preparation of marketing material (using Adobe, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
Assist with site surveys
General admin and assistance to the design team
Setting out and planting
If you think you’d enjoy working in an innovative and expanding company that rewards and continually develops employees, get in touch!
- Experience using Vectorworks and CAD software/li>
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Excellent level of spoken English
- Experience using Adobe software (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- You should have the ability to communicate effectively with our clients, the operations team and designers.
- Basic design knowledge (drawing plans, sections, elevations and technical drawings to scale)/li>
- London Living Wage
- Build a design and build management portfolio
- Great working environment
- Ongoing training and development
- Be part of RHS Shows and special projects
- Learn from the best in the industry
- Be part of an ambitious, fun and award winning team!